Be it a party, a formal event, or a spontaneous celebration, gift bags are a MUST HAVE. If you are looking for unique goodie bag ideas continue reading.
Don’t give random pens and water bottles to your adult friends. It’s better to be unique and creative with your gifts. Your guests would already have plenty of those gifts that every event & party they attend give Give them something they will actually use or something that will remind them of the event.
Goodie bags makes your event memorable . You can either give it to them when they arrive or at the end of the event.
Everyone goes home with some memories and lessons after the event ends. There is nothing better than a carefully curated gift bag to make the event even more memorable than it already is. Choose gifts that remind attendees about the event and work as a nostalgic souvenir.
Help promote your brand & sponsors. Making a gift bag with your products will advertise your brand and improve its overall impression. It can start the conversation about your products without being evident as a promotional strategy.
Things to keep in mind while creating a gift bag
- The theme of the event: It is not a rule to follow the theme of the event with your gift bags, but sticking to the original theme of the event will provide more visibility and acknowledgment. Your gift bag should remind the attendees of the event. Some people send gift bags with learning materials to attendees. Isn’t this a sweet gesture?
- Know your guests: In order to make a good impression on your guests, you need to know what they like. Get them something that is relevant and thoughtful. The best way to find out what your guests like is to ask them about their hobbies, interests and favorite things. This way you can find out what kind of gifts they would enjoy the most. You can also get creative by looking through their social media profiles or browsing through their Pinterest boards for more ideas.
- A realistic budget: You don’t have to spend outside your budget to treat your guests. Gifts are proof of your kindness and consideration; they don’t have to be expensive or luxurious. If you need to spend a lot of money to make good gift bags, think again! Choose a few good items per bag instead of many cheap things. Focus on providing value.
- Source & curate : Invest time and attention to plan your goodie bag. Once you have a realistic budget, it’s essential to stick to it. Consider all the options and choose wisely. It’s easy to curate cheap gift bag ideas for adults. Still, we have to focus on gifting things that will be memorable and appealing. Virtual gifts are good too!
What should I put in a gift bag?
Once you have a budget and know your guests, start searching for things you can put in the gift bags. We’ve provided some unique ideas to get you started!
Gift bag ideas for ladies
Women love thoughtful gifts that are cute and useful. Here are some appealing gift bag ideas for ladies that you should consider:
- Accessories: Women always keep losing their hair ties and accessories. It’s a thoughtful idea to give accessories to women since they always need these. Make a comprehensive hamper of hair accessories, nail care sets, and skincare products. Ladies always appreciate gifts like this because they know they’ll use them.
- Drinks and snacks: Be it ‘their time of the month’ or any ordinary day, women have so many mood swings! Treat your ladies with some snacks and drinks. Make a hamper with some edibles and some beautiful crockery. You can add cute champagne glasses or personalized tea cups. Drinks and snacks make up for a perfect gift bag idea for parties; consider cocktail parties with your ladies!
- Give them bags: Most women love handbags and clutches! There are never enough bags to match every outfit. Choose some good bags for your lovely ladies; we’re sure they will love them! They will surely think of you whenever they pair this bag with their outfits.
- Discount vouchers: Add some discount coupons or gift cards from popular brands. While it is challenging to choose apparel since we all have different styles, you can pick some gift cards and add them to your gift hampers. It’s considerate to let them choose what they like but choose sustainable brands that are available nearby.
- Cute self-care kits: Create a small self-care kit, including a sheet mask, an exfoliating cream, and body wash. Add other essentials like a loofah, lip balm, and moisturizer. Add some beautiful cards with reminders, scrunchies, and a delicious snack. Remind them to take breaks and take care of themselves.
Gift bag ideas for coworkers
While considering gift bag ideas for coworkers, you should keep a few things in mind. The gifts should be according to the event’s theme, and it’s better if you consider something that will be highly beneficial for them!
- Personalized diaries and desk calendars: Instead of giving regular journals, personalize them with funny or quirky elements. Desk calendars with space to fill and motivational quotes are a good idea too! You can make a complete gift hamper with a diary, a desk calendar, and stationery. This is a common idea, but you can add a fun touch to it! Make your coworkers laugh with some inside jokes and memes.
- Travel accessories: if you want to give your coworkers something valuable and durable, consider travel accessories. Since we all need travel accessories from time to time, these make a good gift bag idea. You can add travel accessories like small chargers, eye masks, and packing essentials. Air tags, water bottles, toiletries, and skincare products can be added too. Suppose you are hosting virtual or hybrid events. Small travel chargers are a good idea since they come with various adapters and can be used with all smartphones.
- Personalized accessories: Personalizing accessories with your coworkers’ names is an excellent idea! They can use these accessories in the office without fearing getting mixed or interchanged with coworkers. You can personalize water bottles, chargers, power banks, stationery, etc.!
- Fitness kits: Pick a portable case or bag and add small equipment like a resistance band and jump rope. This makes up a great gift bag idea for coworkers since we all need some equipment to start exercising. You can also add exercise cards to educate your coworkers about basic exercises. This trim kit can also include membership subscriptions to nearby gyms or online programs.
Focusing on our health and making time for physical activity every day is essential. By giving fitness-related items, we can promote a healthy lifestyle among our coworkers.
- Portable power banks: Portable power banks are in demand these days. Considering all the work your coworkers do, giving them portable power banks will relieve stress since they will never have to worry about their phone charging. The quality and features depend on your chosen brand, so explore all the available power banks!
Get some sponsors for your event and enhance the overall budget for it. Check out these tips, and consider how to include sponsored products in your gift hampers!
Gift bag ideas for friends
- Adult coloring books: we all love coloring books, don’t we? Coloring books for adults are popular these days. There are many options available, from Disney to complex patterns; you can get some appealing books and add them to your gift bag ideas for friends.
Coloring isn’t only for kids; studies have proven its benefit for adults. It helps us to relieve stress, relax the mind and develop focus. You can get these in any stationary shop or outlet in malls and public places. Adding colors and other stationary supplies make up for a great kit. The price will vary depending on the brand of stationery you choose, so consider all the options.
- Food baskets: Stop considering them only for kids; if you do them right, they make up a great gift for adults. You should consider making homemade oils and sauces to add to your gift bags. Mustard oil and hummus are easy to make at home. If you are making homemade goodies to add to your gift bags, consider common allergies and let people know the ingredients. Taking care of common allergens is necessary since we don’t want to risk anyone’s health.
You can get readymade food kits or make your own. If making your own kits, consider different food options and weather conditions. Be creative when choosing the food items; you can have a theme for the basket, such as vegan, gluten-free, etc. Try to include different foods like sweets, snacks, and packaged items. Here are some unique gift box recipes to get you started.
- Alcoholic lollipops: Alcohol can spice up an event with your friends like nothing else! It is safe and quirky to add alcohol to edibles like lollipops and candies. You can choose from various flavors like beer, lager, merlot, stout, mixed wine, and chardonnay. Make sure you tell your guests about these unique lollipops so they know what these are made of and keep them out of reach for their children!
- Grow-your-own-plants: Gifting green plants is fantastic as we move towards green societies and focus on sustainable development. There are many producers selling kits named Grow-your-own-plants and Sow & Grow DIY kits. You get seeds and other important things like potting mix and grow bags required to grow plants at home. The idea is to promote greenery and encourage people to take small steps.
Unique kits are now available in the market. Books made up of recyclable paper and infused with seeds are available too! After reading the book, simply tear the highlighted page and mix it in a potting mix or moist soil. The paper will break down, leaving the seed in the ground to grow. If you have a sufficient budget, you can also include essential gardening tools.
- Mini wine boxes: if you have a large budget, you can give mini Wine samples to all your guests. After all, Who doesn’t love wine? To spice things up, you can curate wine hampers of three small glasses in a good-looking Wine box. This will also look luxurious and aesthetic. Focus on the DIY wine packaging; check out these references! However, if your budget does not allow for wine samples, you can include free drink vouchers in your goody bags.
These gift bag ideas are enough to get you started! Gift bags are always appreciated, so begin making hampers and show your people your love for them. You can include almost anything, but make sure it is memorable and will cheer up your guests. Be it your woman, coworkers, or friends, there is a gift bag idea for everyone. Customize your hampers, and you’re good to go!
How do you make a gift basket look expensive?
Add fillers, ribbons, and bows to make a gift basket look expensive. A small, beautiful basket with a few items will look more costly than a big basket with random things. Focus on making your basket look neat and pretty; the packaging is essential.
How do you make a unique gift basket?
A unique gift basket should have some element of surprise. You can add personalized messages, relevant memes, quotes, and other things. Unique baskets have out-of-the-box items, so think of amazing things we don’t usually consider giving.